Sunday, July 29, 2018

Ulog: Bounty Hunting


 in ulog •  last month


Image result for @ankarlie

Hi there friends! I hope everyone is having an awesome day. Nothing really specially today except for that fact that I have been getting a lot of friend request in my Facebook lately (100+ daily). Maybe it is the result of me sharing my recent spate of winnings in concurrency contest and bounties.
Image result for @ankarlie

 It seems that my participation on contest, airdrops and bounties is paying handsomely in fact it is paying more that my day time job to be honest. Of course this might only be a fluke but so long as there is a chance that I can win and I believe the project could succeed then I will try to participate.

Image Source

Bounty Hunters

There are actually people living off this type of work. They are called bounty hunters. I will not try to complicated stuff and make a detailed explanation of the types of bounties out there just know that these are activities or tasks that let you earn specific cryptocurrencies. There are two main reasons why cryptocurrency projects do bounties. First to create awareness (thus increase usage or sales) about their cryptocurrency project and second to help in the product development of the Crypto Project ( identify vulnerabilities or do additional functionalities).
I am not a developer nevertheless there is still a lot opportunities for me in bounties. I am what you might call a Steemian Bounty Hunter. No I don't participate in Steem Bounties (although I would if the opportunity arises) as there are none as of the moment to my knowledge. I am such because I use Steem-based blogging application like Steemit as my primary mode of delivery for contents required in the bounty. I have some relative success in doing this and a fellow Steemian, @joeysison has some sucess also winning 2,500 USD worth of cryptocurrency in the process
Of course there is a learning curve before you can actively participate in the blogging bounties but that is the fun of doing such bounties, you get to learn a lot of cool stuff from the different projects that wants to utilize blockchains which is said to be the next big thing after the internet. So how do we start being a bounty hunter. Read on my friends as I will discuss with you some of the requirements you need to become one.

What you need to do to be a bounty hunter

  • First you need to educate yourself about cryptocurrencies and the technology behind them. It does not need to be too be comprehensive as you will learn more about them along the way.
  • After Learning a working knowledge about cryptocurrencies you need to have a wallet where you can collect your rewards from all these bounties. I notice that a lot of bounties that I participate in are Ethereum based tokens or ERC20 tokens, therefore I suggest that you get a proper Ethereum wallet. I suggest creating a wallet using MyEtherWallet (MEW) and MetaMask where you keep your own keys. I have created guide here for MEW you might want to check out.

Image Source
  • Now that you have the wallet you need to have the different social networking accounts required to do most of the task they require. Most of these bounties requires the following accoints. TwitterTelegramRedditBitcointalkLinkedinFacebook and Steemit (or other blogging site you prefer such as Medium).
  • Once you have these social networking accounts you need to build your network on each of these accounts. Some of these bounties requires you to have a minimum number of connection before you participate. If you have time please follow my twitter here. Sorry for the plug-in but twitter is one of the most essential tool in Airdropand Bounty discovery.
  • Once you have all the above requirements you may begin the HUNT.

Where do you find Bounties?


Image Source
Finding bounties is not that hard. All ICOs have bounties of some sort. You can also hang out in your favorite cryptocurrency blog site where they usually announce bounties for special events like new exchange listings or partnerships or milestones. I also check the twitter accounts of cryptocurrency projects. It seems that among all social media networks it is the go-to social network whenever they want to announce something new. Sometimes they are not called bounties but regular contest nevertheless whatever they called they all bounties to me so long as let me earn some cryptocurrencies.
Anyway that is all for now guys. Happy hunting!!! Oh I plan to share awesome bounty opportunities also from time to time you can find them on my twitter so please follow me there. If you want sample how it is done just visit my blog sometimes I do commissioned blog-post for bounties.

This post was made from https://ulogs.org

No comments:

Post a Comment