Friday, August 3, 2018

Freedom is Here! 👍

Freedom is Here! 👍

 in life •  15 hours ago

Direction.

It's all you need as you set sail into freedom. But undecidable winds will hardly get you anywhere. There are no interesting stories for you to tell. Nothing is ever certain. So write your story. Blog about it. Take your time. Decide on what you want to do in the next 24 months while working on your path towards freedom. Everybody has their own. I'll share what I'll be trying to do, moving forward.

Vision.

pexels-photo-1029141.jpeg
8 months ago, I came across a life-changing event after reading a post on Steemit. Did I meet Jesus or someone like that? Maybe? But it's nothing supernatural. He's a human being like everyone of us, although, he's pretty damn extraordinary. A brilliant mind who's probably at level 8888, living and breathing in the intersections of philosophy, mathematics, logic, complexity theory, and computer science. I'll reserve level 9999 for the holy grail product he has been trying to piece together over the past few years.
The person whom I spotted that spotted his intellect was probably at level 7777. Mine was definitely at level.. 1, just enough to understand the significance of the word he used to describe the technology: non-trivial. Only that. It got me hooked and intrigued to no end.
So what's this product that I'm talking about? You would've known if you've caught it in some of my writings throughout this year or if you've been chatting with me. For now, I'll leave it up in the air until my next blogposts. Read through my stuff if you want to find out! I haven't been writing much at all in public since mid-2017 anyway. I was searching for answers to my questions.
pexels-photo-1275393.jpeg
So yeah, I gave up plenty of my time trying to understand it all and pretty much disappeared from the face of the Earth as I went deep into the rabbit hole. Okay that's an exaggeration. But what's not is that I haven't even dated anyone since then - so you know what to do mammasittas. Just kidding!
Anyway, it took me a long enough time to finally catch up to level 1111, a stage when I finally began to understand that I understood almost nothing at all, but at least there's a hint of something more than absolute nothingness. And it's getting clearer as the days go by. I've been writing a lot of drafts over the past few months, waiting to publish them as I've been making my next moves to bring about exponential returns in the future.
people-coffee-tea-meeting.jpg
Even spent the time consolidating ~90% of my portfolio down to just 3 coins now, Steem being the majority, and a little bit of Bitcoin as the boring safety net. Not saying others will definitely fail short-to-medium term. It's just that I've already made up my mind to focus on my long-term investment thesis. They're simply currencies I'd use everyday.
If anything, I honestly can now only advise anyone to get into the choices I've made. I think they're real solutions. But of course, this certainly means waiting for the right time. So most of what I'll be doing in the next 24 months has a lot to do with trying focus in this game. Will be filling you guys in on the reasons why in a special post.. soon.
Is freedom here?
Maybe. That level 9999 product that I’m talking about is still very much a work-in-progress like Smart Media Tokens, although fundamentally way more complicated, albeit elegant in design. It still remains to be largely speculative for me until the demo comes up later this year. I just anticipate that it will likely work out after digging into the subject for the past 8 months. I'm glad that it has given me a better direction to sail towards.

Gameplan.

black-and-white-board-game-chess-938961.jpg
Well I'm still pretty clueless as the possibilities seem to be overwhelming and it's best to keep the HYPE in check. I'll highlight some of the things that I want to be doing over the course of the next 24 months other than casually posting around here, in no real order:-
  • Become a Steem witness, after 2+ years of being a user. Hopefully soon. Already purchased a dedicated server.
  • Bridge closer the communities between Steem and the community around that level 9999 product, in hopes that it'll inspire many more to join us from all over.
  • Bring in a group of experienced (but at the moment, non-blockchain) developers and entrepreneurs that I'm advising in Trybe to support the network with a focus on leveraging on what I think to be the best blockchains so far for critical mass adoption: one application-specific, and another, application-general.
  • Explore ways to integrate, creating an overpowered super saiyanlevel 10000 product. I believe they're greatly complementary. Trust me, I'm a DJ.
  • Campaign to work on improving Steem's stake-weighted economic incentives, if that's not addressed already. The 1-Account 1-Vote Oracle Smart Media Tokens stuff is good, but we may still need a solution to make the best out of the stake-based distribution on Steem. Maybe it's not a problem at all. But I still strongly feel that it is. Will see.
  • Move into a big city. Or a coastal one.
  • Open a creative + tech studio.
  • Mastering the art of investing.
  • Keep the discussion going on what makes Steem Power a great investment, and ways to achieve it.
  • Create content you may never find elsewhere.
  • Make free webinars and paid newsletters (just joking).
  • Become a meme in the 21st century.
  • Spend more time with family and friends.
  • Go find a job and get married *cough*.

Coming soon?

pexels-photo-303159.jpeg
It's highly likely that I'll just take my own sweet time and end up not doing some of the stuff I say that I'll do, as usual. It's just difficult knowing that it's likely that I'm not investing my time and effort in the right places 99% of the time. But I guess this is exactly why I've been sailing around in cyberspace for the past decade looking for the holy grail invention.
Most of us actually do anyway. It's just that some of us may be more prone to buying into the quick-rich schemes of random forex bots and MLMs.
So I think all the hours I've spent surfing online during my free time may finally be paying off. Time will tell. Feels good to be 99% certain with my currencies of choice now. So when freedom?
pexels-photo-1272392.jpeg
Soon! Very soon. But maybe not so soon. Who knows? Blockchain development is difficult. It’s even more difficult to get people into using these things. But I’m still fairly certain we're onto something here, just as I was about 2 years ago. Regardless, plenty of enthusiasm to share - hopefully for a good cause.
There will be no instant rocketship to the moon, guys. It will all be a long magnificent grind as we work towards our greater freedoms. I guess that's the fun part, right? All we need to do is just to spend our time investing in the right things. Are you coming along for the ride?
As always, thanks for reading!
Oh, before you go, check out this absolutely amazing talk by Alan Wattsafter you're done playing the music above. What? You've already stopped reading at this point? Dammit. I guess that's just how Steem works 🤡
kevinwong-250.png
The New World Blogger
Follow me @kevinwong
(alt-account: @etherpunk)

Credits


Not to be taken as financial advice.
Always do your own research.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive